Why this debate is easier than it sounds:
Are you scared of public speaking? Not an issue...
- Each speaker presents his or her own speech, which he or she has prepared in advance.
- The speaker is allowed to consult notes.
- The speaker speaks uninterrupted, for 3 minutes.
- Finally, after the speaker finishes his or her speech, an audience-member asks the speaker one question based on the speaker’s speech, and no cross questioning is permitted – giving the speaker the last word (a much sought after rarity in real life).
Debating doesn’t get any friendlier than this!
Is your Hindi rusty? Not an issue...
- For the purposes of judging, there will be four distinct categories of speakers, and each speaker will compete only within his/her category; we want people with varying levels of proficiency to participate.
- Casual, conversational Hindi is allowed--and encouraged! The occasional Hinglish is okay too.
This isn’t a test of how good your Hindi is!